Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Graduation Speech

To see the video please follow the below link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYi66K0_rWc

Today some of you will hear wise words & some might just hear BLAH BLAH BLAH but I am so honored to have been chosen to speak on behalf of group A & share some of my thoughts.

I want to start by reading parts of one of my favorite books. "Oh! The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss"

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.

You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed.
You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you’ll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

Except when you don’t.
Because, sometimes, you won’t.

I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true
that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.

I’m afraid that some times you’ll play lonely games too.
Games you can’t win ‘cause you’ll play against you.

All Alone! Whether you like it or not,
Alone will be something you’ll be quite a lot.

You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

This experience has been life changing for me & the connections I've made I hold dear to my heart. Karoke with Group A, learning the language barrier of canadians, seeing Jamie & Jeremy snuggle in front of me in class & all the coffee breaks at Liquid Planet. I have been surrounded by amazing artists, who's talent has brought chills to my bones & tears to my eyes & dont think they will ever understand their impact. Most importantly I will never forget the kindness of the Chaput family & the RMSP staff, who I will be forever grateful to. I felt that they have always been there to encourge me, answer questions & send positive energy my way through this intense summer. I cant thank them enough. I am a lucky lady who has learned a lot & I am ready to take the next step.

As you leave Summer Intensive remember to be kind, believe in yourself even when no one else does, smile & most importantly be thankful, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment