Friday, July 8, 2011

Today...This Moment!

You know that moment in life where you have an ‘Ah Ha’ moment? Some see it or hear it & just brush it off to the side & then there are a few of us who are open to it when it smacks us right in the face. Those of us that think, I must do something about it. We must take our life in to our own hands & embrace this new moment. Dare to live the life we want, to do the things that are often times scary & courageous. Changing the agreements you have made with yourself from when you were being molded by family, friends, religion, media, etc. is not that easy. Sometimes we crawl back to what we know; we go back to our habits & comfort zones.

Well I was beaten by this moment not so long ago & I knew that this is it. It is do or die time. So I ripped off the band aid & started on this new path. The path I like to think of as ‘Today…This Moment’. I must admit through the years there are still times I go back to my old habits but then I push on. I am at piece with the woman I am & the woman I am becoming. I remind myself that it is ok to focus on me, I can be free, be free from approval, need to belong, need to be someone or something for others. It might be a lonely road sometimes but I know that it is where I can be the happiest & most fulfilled.

If I keep putting one foot in yesterday & one foot in tomorrow I am only wasting away today. What I know for certain is I cannot think of past nor future, I cannot focus on things unknown. So I remember to take it day by day & to live in this moment, this moment I own.


No comments:

Post a Comment